The burst of network technology in recent years offered unique advantages to the health care industry in the form of instant sharing of virtual patient medical records across insurance and health care providers, outsourcing of billing which may include movement of credit card data over the network, scheduling of appointments, collections across agencies, correspondence, knowledge-base management and overall governance over administrative procedures and cost control. However, the advantages of porting the health care industry to networks came with its own hazards and complications which were further augmented by the introduction of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Lawful mandates such as the Privacy Act, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act and Visa Cardholder Information Security Program, to name a few, have further necessitated high degrees of control over how information flows on health care and enterprise networks. It is not only ethically and economically imperative that health care institutions protect the integrity of information on their networks, but it is mandated by law that stringent logical security measures and audits must be implemented within organizations.
NIKSUN's Enterprise and point solutions monitor health care networks to ensure their integrity, performance levels and compliance to internal and regulatory policies. These solutions assist in safeguarding the privacy of medical and patient records from intrusion and unauthorized access. NIKSUN's NetDetector and NetVCR products empower health care institutions with the intelligence, forensic analysis know-how and acute network anomaly/incident detection capabilities to maintain the integrity of data while sustaining performance and availability of online services to customers and patients. NetDetectorLive monitors and matches network traffic in real-time to predefined policy rule-sets to inform users of policy violations as they occur. NIKSUN's holistic and scalable solutions assist in the achievement of strategic objectives of the health care industry:
- Complete audit trail of authorized and unauthorized information and/or network access
- Detection of malicious and disruptive activity as it occurs
- Real-time alarming of security breaches, policy violations and performance incidents
- Deep-packet inspection for thorough cause-analysis and reduced mean time to resolution (MTTR) of service disruptions
- Complete aggregation and correlation from geographically dispersed sensors
- Customizable dashboard views for moment-to-moment updates of security breaches, network applications, services and underlying infrastructure
- Single tap on the network leveraging the NIKSUN Network Knowledge Warehouse for multiple applications
- Dynamic application awareness for immediate knowledge of whether breach originated inside or outside the network
- Option of forensic reconstruction for breach discovery, legal prosecution, lawful intercept, SLA arbitration, evidence of policy violations, etc.